Well, about three months ago I got here. Oh, I mean three weeks ago. Pheww... I was gonna say, being here three months and not writing a thing! I feel a little better now that I remember it´s only been three weeks.
First some basic info:
- The time difference between Madrid and EST (Florida, NY, etc.) is 6 hours. (Madrid is 6 hours ahead of Florida).
- I have a Skype account, but don´t have internet access at the house where I´m living, so that makes using Skype at hours that are convenient for most everyone in the US difficult.
- The apostrophe´s in this blog look different because keyboards in Spain have different spots for symbols and additional letters. Check out these: ñ ¿ Ç ª. Where our apostrophes are, this little guy ( ´) is located and apostrophes ( ' ) are next to the number zero.
- Pretty much every electronic device I brought with me has broken or not been working in the 3 weeks I´ve been here (laptop, camera, cell phone). This is my excuse for not posting pictures yet and this being my first blog.
- My cell phone was replaced so easily, the camera is working now, and my laptop is close to working. When I tried to plug it in to a new adapter last night there were chispas (sparks), so I'm trying to make sure the adapter I got is the right kind.
Now, onto more interesting things. The lady I am living with is named Carmina and she is in her 60s. She is kind, loves to talk, and loves animals (she and another neighbor take care of some nearby stray kittens). A while ago she retired from being a modista (dressmaker) for a designer who was quite popular in Spain.
I have to switch over to a different computer. Hopefully I'll be back soon.
4 comments:
YAY!!! SOOO good to hear from you!! We miss you!!
Love
Christine and jIm and little ones!!
Thanks Saralah!
I got your note. IT ROCKED! haha. I sent you one today so it will mail tomorrow morning probably. I think you need to come back and finish your writing, although I can't really complain because I think its been just as long for me~ Since this princeton review started, I haven't had time for anything!
Love you!
Glad to hear your doing well Sarah, keep us updated!!
Tim
Aunt Barbie sends love and greetings. We're packing and getting ready for our cruise. Details and photos when we return. Have a great week> Love, B
Post a Comment